Saturday, May 3, 2014

Battle Thrones: My MMO/RTS Hybrid Game

The Unity3d prototype that I've been working on in my free time now has an official name and website.  Battle Thrones (battlethrones.com) will eventually be a fully functional MMO/RTS hybrid.  The concept is to take existing elements of RTS games and to broaden them to an MMO scale.  Players will each get a 'home' outpost that can never be attacked.  From this base they will engage in a constant battle with the opposing faction over 'neutral' outposts, which will provide bonus resources which they can use to improve outposts and/or their home base.


Holder page located at battlethrones.com

I've made quite a bit of progress on this game thus far, and if you'd like to read the dev blog up to this post, you can find it at eatsleepindie.blogspot.com.  With a name I can market, a website in place, and piles of code I've already written (both for this project and previous prototypes), I expect that progress on Battle Thrones will come pretty swiftly.  I am hoping to have a Unity3D Web Player version available on the website soon, and will update it periodically to showcase the latest updates.


Latest screenshot of an Orc worker getting ready to harvest resources

Posts for this blog will be kept short and sweet, focusing on what updates have been added with the recent update.  If you are interested in the process of reaching those update milestones, you can check out my personal blog at eatsleepindie.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment